INSIGHTS OF HANOI 2

You are reading my sharing about Hanoi where I have being lived for many years. If you interest in, Part 1 of its will be better to experience :)
insight-hanoi

To me, half of the recollection of national identity still lives in these old buildings floating on the Red River, with their various historical relics. It is really hard for me to express myself on the third point. I would like to give you some of the typical details, such as the 100 year-old Long Biên Bridge, which has survived bombs and time. Not only does this bridge play an important role in the lives of the local residents, but it also is considered a living historical memento in Hanoi.
long-biên-bridge

I have never forgotten Ho Chi Minh complex whenever I mention to my heroic capital. We take pride on the very first President – Ho Chi Minh, is the heart of Vietnamese and the soul of Ho Chi Minh Complex, which is built to worship his memory after gone.
hochiminh-mausoleum

Every single Vietnamese has the same wish to visit Ho Chi Minh mausoleum at least once in order to express their respect to him. Locals will show you the crystal way to Ho Chi Minh Complex if you ask them “what’s worth visiting in Hanoi”.
hochiminh-complex
Taking a couple of minutes on foot, the first royal national university of Vietnam is sacredly shown. Once again, there is no reason not to go in the place, which the Vietnamese royal system was reached at peak of development by a very outstanding king.
temple-of-literature

I almost forgot to reveal you a couple of typical museums in Hanoi in which precious and memorable things relating to Hanoi, Vietnam in the past are well - preserved for both Vietnamese and foreigners who are honestly fond of the Vietnamese history and culture namely The Vietnam Museum of Ethnology, The National Museum of Vietnamese History, Vietnamese Women's Museum, Vietnam Military History Museum and so on.
Museums-in-hanoi

It is honestly Vietnam’s honor if you just visit two of them. It is merely a question of time, not ticket fee. They will not damage your wallet at all.
A thought suddenly came to me that I shall bring religion in Hanoi to you a little. The oldest pagoda belonging to Thang Long citadel will be my preferential choice for you. The Tran Quoc Pagoda is always the evident witness of Buddhism development in Hanoi.
tran_quoc_pagoda_hanoi

Being a multi-religion place where you can find most of major worldwide religions. Catholicism has been followed by large numbers of locals that St. Joseph's Cathedral is the great architecture for its presence in Hanoi in my opinion.
St.-Joseph’s-Cathedral-Hanoi

I am really afraid of working late tomorrow as it certainly takes this entire night to share you all the other half of Hanoi. I am temporarily pleased to end three conspicuous main points of the Vietnam’s capital having recently turned 1000 years old.
I just take another 5 minutes to express exciting personal experience after having lived in Hanoi nearly 5 years. The first one is certainly a CYCLO which is a simple Vietnamese vehicle moved by three wheels and human propulsive force.
cyclo-in-hanoi

It is said that this vehicle is initially originated from rickshaws in Japan. However, it indeed does not matter because travelers who tried sitting on a cyclo and observing Hanoi have their own emotion to remember Hanoi cyclo. Drinking TEA on pavements is the second personal experience to reveal if you only stay one night in Hanoi. There is not an exact time in a day to drink tea in local notion even during working time. In my opinion, it is quite agreeable to every taste. Tea could be said as one of Hanoi’s identities nowadays. A cup of tea with ice is a favorite of locals to quickly cool down their soul in hot days. Then a cozy one is ideal to warm them up in winter times.
Drinking-tea-on-pavement

COFFEE, my favorite is so tempting a topic that I planned to compile ago. I would rather urge you to enjoy this beverage when you are in Hanoi than badly express my point of view in English. Egg coffee is highly recommended to try in Nguyen Huu Huan Street on which there are tens of coffee shops nearby Hoan Kiem Lake. It is truly easy to ignore tip-top restaurants because of its flavor. Though there are various personal experiences of mine, I am reluctantly not able to share with you at this time.
coffee-in-hanoi

I take the liberty of skipping other incredible things in the capital vitally developing with the legendary dragon’s ascension such as cuisine legacy, tranquil parks, new lifestyles, special streets, sacred pagodas, ancient markets and secret stories of the city, which have recently voted #8 by Tripadvisor in the world best destinations’ list in 2014. I hope that a microcosmic picture of the whole Hanoi capital impresses you.
Millennial-Hanoi

If you like the article (and even if you don't), or have ideas for topics you'd like enjoyed in the next time, let me know what you think about Vietnam Here And There. And rest assured I have been trying to improve the coming articles’ quality.

Comments

Popular Posts